Sports

3 game ultimatum for Dembare’s Lloyd MutasaUNDER FIRE Dynamos coach Lloyd Mutasa has been given three games to save his job, with the club’s chiefs yesterday meeting with the gaffer in a no-holds-barred review indaba in the capital where the ultimatum was issued. The Dynamos coach, who has seen what seemed a promising 2018 season get off to the worst Premiership start by the Glamour Boys, will have to pick nine points from his team’s next three assignments starting with this Sunday’s home encounter against Bulawayo City at Rufaro. Dembare will then travel to Gweru to face Chapungu at Ascot before engaging in another derby clash against resurgent Harare City at Rufaro. Club president Kenny Mubaiwa emerged from the two-hour meeting with the technical crew to reveal they had held frank discussions with their coaches and tasked them to win their next three matches. “We had a post-mortem of the seven games we have played so far,” said Mubaiwa. “We are obviously not happy, the supporters are not happy, the coaches are not happy, the players are not happy and in fact everyone associated with Dynamos is not happy. “So we decided to meet with the technical department to review the situation. Each side had a chance to explain and we assured the coaches that we are not looking for any replacements yet. “But we all agreed that we have to collect nine points in the three coming games, starting this weekend and we will meet again to review the situation after those three games.” The Dynamos boss said Mutasa and his lieutenants Biggie Zuze and Zondai Nyaungwa, had also assured the executive committee that the revised target set for them was achievable. “Dynamos is a big brand that we need to protect and one of the major steps to protect that brand is getting the results and the coaches appreciate that. “The message is very clear that we want nine points and nothing else. If you look at our game against CAPS United, we created a number of chances and the margins by which we have lost our games also show that we cannot be said to be push overs.” The Dynamos boss scoffed at all the conspiracy theories being thrown around, especially on social media sites, that have tried to finger former team manager Richard Chihoro for the club’s woes Others have sought to accuse former club vice president Solomon Sanyamandwe of sabotaging the side despite the Harare businessman having sacrificed financial resources for the club. “We are not superstitious and we are going to deal with our situation in a professional way. There are many examples of big clubs that have gone through a very bad patch, but we will not lose focus on the fact that we just need to get out of the position that we find ourselves in. “We will not be swayed by such beliefs or claims by some people that our loss of form is being caused by the former team manager or any individual for that matter. “I am also pained as I want to win. So if we follow all these myths, it will not help our coaches or our players to get their tactics right and to work even harder. “When we were growing up we used to be told tales of Abracadabra and I don’t believe Dynamos need that to rescue us. We just need to correct our mistakes,” said Mubaiwa. Bulawayo City coach Darlington Dodo also arrives at Rufaro on Sunday with his job on the line. City chairman Jerry Sibanda told our Bulawayo Bureau that although they were still behind Dodo, the former Gunners coach is treading a thin line, as he was just a point away from being sacked. “Results haven’t been favourable, but we’re still rallying behind our coach and the team. We can’t talk of replacing the coach when he hasn’t breached his mandate. “What is important is to prepare for the next game and hopefully we will get it right,” said Sibanda.

UNDER FIRE Dynamos coach Lloyd Mutasa has been given three games to save his job, with the club’s chiefs yesterday meeting with the gaffer in a no-holds-barred review indaba in the capital where the ultimatum was issued. The Dynamos coach, who has seen what seemed a promising 2018 season get off to the worst Premiership start by the Glamour Boys, ...

Read More »

Zimbabwe Cricket boss ventures into Zanu-PF politics

The managing director and chief executive of Zimbabwe Cricket, Ozias Bvute, is one of those bidding to stand as a Zanu-PF candidate in Goromonzi North. Zim Media Review @ZimMediaReview Controversial businessman Ozias Bvute is one of those bidding to stand as a Zanu-PF candidate in Goromonzi North 11:19 AM – Apr 23, 2018 1 See Zim Media Review’s other Tweets

Read More »

Bulawayo Chiefs stun FC Platinum

Ngezi returned to the top of the table while FC Platinum suffered their first defeat of the season in league matches played on Saturday afternoon. Madamburo beat Mutare City 2-1 to move to nineteen points. Jeffreys Takunda scored an own goal which gave the home team an early advantage, 8 minutes into the game. The lead didn’t last long as ...

Read More »

Cuthbert Dube demands $918,000 from Chiyangwa’s Zifa

Former Zimbabwe Football Association (Zifa) president Cuthbert Dube, has written requesting an urgent refund of $918 049,30 he advanced to the local football mother body during his reign that coincided with the government of national unity era. In his letter to Zifa chief executive officer Joseph Mamutse on April 11 this year, Dube said the debt has been outstanding for ...

Read More »

PSL results

Bulawayo Chiefs 2 – FC Platinum 0 Ngezi Platinum 2 – 1 Mutare City ZPC Kariba 1 – 1 Chicken Inn Harare City 0 – 0 Black Rhinos Bulawayo City 1 – 2 Triangle United Yadah FC 0 – 2 Nichrut 2

Read More »

Wenger leaves Arsenal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will leave the London club at the end of this season. The Frenchman, who is the Emirates side’s longest-serving manager, issued a statement via the Gunners’ official website on Friday morning. “After careful consideration and following discussions with the club, I feel it is the right time for me to step down at ...

Read More »

Chiyangwa exposed in ‘Fifa lie’ storm

Former South African Football Association (Safa) presidential nominee Ace Ncobo has revealed that Council of Southern Africa Football Associations (Cosafa) president Phillip Chiyangwa lied about representing Fifa during his recent visit to the country. Last month, a meeting that went into the early hours of the morning took place in Sandton, between incumbent Safa boss Danny Jordaan, Chiyangwa and Ncobo, ...

Read More »

Kwese deny Mighty Warriors sponsorship

ECONET Media’s satellite television company, Kwese TV has poured cold water to claims that they are now the official sponsors of the Mighty Warriors and any other women’s team on the continent. Last week, Kwese TV’s Zimbabwe representative Dorothy Zimuto was quoted in the media seemingly pledging her company’s support for the rest of the Mighty Warriors’ 2019 Africa Women’s ...

Read More »

Drama, chaotic scenes at Rufaro

Dynamos¬† 1 – 1 Yadah Stars DYNAMOS games are never short of drama these days and yesterday they scrapped a point in an incident-filled Castle Lager Premiership match against Yadah Stars that saw supporters and players scampering for cover at half-time after police accidentally discharged a teargas canister. There was also “a moment of madness” which saw the visitors’ captain ...

Read More »

Peter Ndlovu backs Heath Streak

Legendary former Warriors captain Peter Ndlovu ‘Nsukuzonke’ has come to the defence of under fire Chevrons head coach, Heath Streak, over allegations of racism labelled against him by the Zimbabwe Cricket chairman Tavengwa Mukuhlani. Problems engulfed Zimbabwe cricket as a result of failure to qualify for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, resulting in mudslinging between the head coach Streak ...

Read More »